Sunday, August 25, 2013

7


 
7 || an experimental against access by Jen HatMaker is another good one to add to the book club! Jen realizes that her life is marked around material items, stress & an unthankful heart and so she goes on a 7 month journey fasting certain areas of her life. From;

  1. Food
  2. Clothes
  3. Processions
  4. Waste
  5. Shopping 
  6. Media
  7. Stres
For example month one was fasting her love for food and only ate 7 items; Chicken, avocado, apples, wheat bread, eggs, sweet potatoes and oil&vinegar . She takes you on adventure with all the challenges and self discoveries she uncovers. I was captured by her obedience and motivation to do this honestly and to have her family, friends and community jump in. Living here in Afghanistan I was able to relate to only having seven food options and to only wear only seven articles of clothing from the resources are so low here but I took myself to America and all the excess I have had in my life. It took my heart for a challenge and I soon realized when I get back into the USA there are certain things I won't ever take for granted and things illl delimited from my daily life.  I encourage anyone to read this if you feel any short of conviction about how 'much stuff' you have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment