Monday, April 30, 2012

sweet tea & lemonade

And another weeks begins! I have a feeling that this week might be a bit stressful but great at the same time. It is finals week for me, which means after today i only have 3 more class days! amen to that. Many papers, quizzes, actives and little things all need to be done in order for my first semester of college to be done. I love the challenge of a to-do-list. The feeling of crossing off things once they are done makes me feel accomplished. In one of my classes i wrote out a list of things that i need to do over the next few days and im excited to work hard and be able to kick back and relax next week.  The month of April flew by, as it is the last day I'm thinking about the course of this month and everything that ties in with April 2012. I must say it was a great month~ 5 little reasons.
1. got promoted at work!
2. turned 19
3. beautiful weather all month, which meant great hikes and bike rides
4. two awesome road trips
5. finalized the fact that i'll definitely be traveling to Kona, Hawaii to do a DTS. (i leave July 5th)
Within number 5~i have said a few times that I'll be doing a DTS with YWAM(youth with a mission) but now all the details are in order and its surly happening! I would appreciate & love your prayers in this time of preparation for this adventure i'll be partaking on.

As for Today, I'm wearing red pants, flower tank and messy hair while i sit outside listening to the The Glorious Unseen--(amazing band, highly recommend btw) and drinking a tasty drink of sweet tea and Lemonade while i write a quick blog. I want to leave you with this little re-miner...Your in the place of your life for a reason. This morning i was questioning what May would bring and how I'm just so excited for the future. I'm ready to move, meet new people and start my new life but a sense of peace come over me and reminded me how I'm placed so perfectly in this small town in Colorado. God is preparing my heart for something so special and radical for what is going to come but right now i have a divine purpose And i believe someone out there in the world needs to hear how importation this time is, how today and tomorrow you will be inspiring to the people around you. Stay positive and encouraging, you will never get today back so live it with happiness.

Love, Katie Jo

2 comments:

  1. wow, all the little things you found out during april are awesome! especially being able to travel to hawaii. love that place!
    you are adorable! love your outfit! good luck with the rest of your finals. you are almost done!! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! Thank you so much for your comment on my 'Blogging Journey' post! Looks like you are doing a great job here despite being new to blogging. I love your outfit and am definitely a new follower of yours.

    Congrats on your promotion! Looks like April was a great month for you!

    ReplyDelete